Employee Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do I need a Jagtag?
2. Who is eligible to get a Jagtag?
3. What do I need to get a Jagtag?
4. What does it cost to get a Jagtag?
5. What is Campus Card Services and where is it located?
6. What is Jagtag Deduct Program and the Jagtag Prepaid Deduct Program and how can I sign up?
7. What is the benefit in using my Jagtag for payment?
8. Who is eligible to participate in Jagtag (payroll) Deduct?
9. How can I see how much I've spent so far this pay period?
10. When will my purchases come out of my paycheck?
11. What if I lost my Jagtag or think it may have been stolen?
12. What should I do if a Jagtag Merchant overcharges my account?
13. What if my Jagtag gets damaged or doesn't work?
14. Can I give my Jagtag to someone else to use?
15. How can I make a general recommendation to Jagtag?
Affiliate Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do I need a Jagtag? Jagtag is the official form of identification for IUPUI and recognizes you as an active member of the campus community. Many departments now require you to have a Jagtag so check with your department.
2. Who is eligible to get a Jagtag? All employees of IUPUI are eligible to receive a Jagtag.
3. How do I get a Jagtag? Paperwork for all new employees must be completed before a Jagtag can be issued. Check your employee status to make sure you are 'Active' before coming to get your Jagtag and be sure to bring a photo ID with you. If your department is paying for your Jagtag, make sure to bring the Expense Authorization Form.
If you are 'Inactive' please wait 24 hours before checking your status again. You may also want to check with your department to ensure all paperwork has been completed and approved.
4. What does it cost to get a Jagtag? An employee Jagtag costs $15. Employee prox cards care $20. All replacement Jagtags are $25. For a complete list of fees click here. If your department is paying for your Jagtag, make sure to bring the Expense Authorization Form.
5. What is Campus Card Services and where is it located? Campus Card Services (aka Jagtag Office) is located at 420 University Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46202. We are located on the 2nd floor of the Campus Center, Suite 217.
In addition to your Jagtag, Campus Card Services provides numerous other services. You can purchase books of postage stamps, assorted gift cards, amusement park and movie tickets. Click here for a complete list!
Visit Jagperks to see the many different discounts offered to you just for being an employee and showing your Jagtag all around the Indianapolis area!
6. What is Jagtag Deduct and how can I sign up? One of the awesome benefits you receive as a full-time IUPUI employee is the option to use your Jagtag to made purchases both on and off campus and have them deducted directly from your paycheck. Two options are available and you can participate in both of you like! Click here to learn more about each option.
To sign up for either option (or both), just complete the application and email or fax it in to 317-274-7761 or sign up electronically from the Jagtag website!
7. What is the benefit in using my Jagtag for payment? Convenience! You don't have to have cash or credit/debit cards on you! Just your Jagtag and many vendors offer discounts and special promotions for employees paying with their Jagtag.
8. Who is eligible to participate in Jagtag Deduct? Only full-time employees can participate in the program. Part-time employees and campus affiliates can still gain all of the advantages for using Jagtag for payment by choosing to make a deposit into their Jagtag account.
9. How can I see how much I've spent so far this pay period? Visit Manage My Jagtag anytime to view your account balance, check your transaction history and deactivate a lost or stolen Jagtag. Your account balance is also printed at the bottom of each receipt and displayed on the reader in the vending machines.
10. If I choose to sign up for the Jagtag Deduct program, when will my purchases come out of my paycheck? Purchases are submitted to IUPUI Payroll in conjunction with University pay periods.
Biweekly paid employees: If the pay period is August 1 through August 14 and you made a purchase anytime during this pay period, those purchases will be submitted to Payroll on August 15 and will be deducted from the check you receive on August 28. If you are participating in the pre-paid payroll deduct, the same schedule applies.
Monthly paid employees: If the pay period is August 1 through August 31 and you made purchases anytime during this month, those purchases will be submitted to Payroll on September 1 and will be deducted from the check you receive on September 30. If you are participating in the pre-paid payroll deduct, the same schedule applies.
11. What if I lost my Jagtag or think it may have been stolen? If you feel you have lost or misplaced your Jagtag, you can visit Manage My Jagtag on the Jagtag website and deactivate your Jagtag immediately. If your Jagtag is returned to our Office we will send an email to your IUPUI email address. If you find your Jagtag before you request a replacement, you can simply reactivate your account in Manage My Jagtag.
If you feel your Jagtag was stolen, you should contact Campus Police at 274-7911.
If you are unable to locate your Jagtag, there is a $25 replacement fee for lost Jagtags.
12. What should I do if a Jagtag Merchant overcharges my account? If you believe there is a discrepancy with your receipt or Jagtag transaction statement, you should address the discrepancy with the Merchant. If you are unable to resolve the potential error with the Merchant, contact us and we will work with you and the Merchant to resolve the issue.
You can view all of your transactions by visiting Manage My Jagtag.
13. What if my Jagtag gets damaged or does not work? If your Jagtag is lost or damaged the cost to replace it is $25. If your Jagtag is not working you can call the Jagtag Office at 317-274-5177 and we can try to troubleshoot the problem over the phone. If the problem cannot be resolved over the phone you will need to come to the Jagtag Office and we can try to resolve the problem in person.
14. Can I give my Jagtag to someone else to use? No, Jagtags are non-transferable. Merchants are required to check the photo on the Jagtag to ensure it matches the customer using the card.
15. How can I make a general recommendation to Jagtag? Contact Campus Card Services for suggestions for new services or vendors, or just an overall recommendation to make our program better for you!
Campus Affiliate FAQ
1. What is a campus affiliate? A campus affiliate
is a person who works on or closely with the IUPUI campus but is not paid by Indiana University.
An example of an affiliate would be Barnes & Noble @ IUPUI, IKON and IUPUI Food Service employees.
2. How does a campus affiliate get a Jagtag? If you are an affiliate and need a Jagtag, you will need to provide written notification from your department on departmental letterhead stating your University status and need for a Jagtag. Bring in that letter along with a photo ID and your Jagtag will be issued. If your employer will be paying for your Jagtag or any accessories, please bring in the completed Expense Authorization Form. If not, you will be responsible for the cost of your Jagtag and any accessories.
3. What benefits do campus affiliates receive? Although campus affiliates cannot sign up for Jagtag Deduct, you can still Make a Deposit into your Jagtag Account and use it for purchase everywhere Jagtag is accepted. Most vendors will allow discounts for campus affiliates when using their Jagtag for payment. Some Jagperks vendors offer discounts and promotions to campus affiliates too.
Campus affiliates are not eligible to purchase discounted software from Barnes & Noble @ IUPUI.