Frequently Asked Questions
1.How do I set up my Jagtag account?
2. What does it cost to get a Jagtag?
3. What is Campus Card Services and where is it located?
4. Do I need a Jagtag to print?
5. How do I know what my account balance is?
6. What if I lost my Jagtag or think it may have been stolen?
7. What should I do if a Jagtag Merchant overcharges my account?
8. Can a Jagtag Account be used to purchase alcohol?
9. Can I pay my Bursar bill with funds from my Jagtag?
10. Is there a campus meal plan offered?
11. What are the benefits of putting money on my Jagtag versus buying a meal plan?
12. If I am returning next year, what happens to the money in my Jagtag account?
13. Can I withdraw cash once I have made a deposit?
14. What if my Jagtag gets damaged or doesn't work?
15. What is Quikbuck$?
16. Can I give my Jagtag to someone else to use?
17. Why can't my parents view my account balance and activity on-line?
18. Why am I charged a $2.50 fee for making a credit/debit card deposit over the website?
19. How long does it take for funds to deposit into my Jagtag account?
20. How do I close my Jagtag account and request a refund?
21. How can I make a general recommendation to Jagtag?
1. How do I set up my Jagtag account? It's easy! Your Jagtag account was created automatically when you registered for classes at IUPUI! Just make a deposit to activate your account and you are ready to make purchases anywhere Jagtag is accepted.
2. What does it cost to get a Jagtag? As a student your first Jagtag is free. There is a $25 fee to replace a lost Jagtag so protect your Jagtag as you would your bank card.
3. What is the Campus Card Services and where is it located? Campus Card Services (aka Jagtag Office) is located at 420 University Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46202. We are located on the 2nd floor of the Campus Center, Suite 217. In addition to your Jagtag, Campus Card Services provides numerous other services. You can purchase books of postage stamps, assorted gift cards, amusement park and movie tickets, and learn about the many different discounts offered to you, just for being a student!
4. Do I need a Jagtag to print? Yes to release print jobs on campus you will need to swipe your Jagtag at the print release station.
5. How do I know what my account balance is? Visit Manage My Jagtag anytime to view your account balance, check your transaction history and deactivate a lost or stolen Jagtag. Your account balance is also printed at the bottom of each receipt and displayed on the reader in the vending machines.
6. What if I lost my Jagtag or think it may have been stolen? If you feel you have lost or misplaced your Jagtag, you can visit Manage My Jagtag and deactivate your Jagtag immediately. If your Jagtag is returned to our office we will send an email to your IUPUI email address. If you find your Jagtag (before you request a replacement), you can reactivate your account in Manage My Jagtag.
If you feel your Jagtag was stolen, you should contact Campus Police at 274-7911.
If you are unable to locate your Jagtag, there is a $25 replacement fee for lost/stolen Jagtags.
7. What should I do if a Jagtag Merchant overcharges my account? If you believe there is a discrepancy with your receipt or Jagtag transaction statement, you should address the discrepancy with the Merchant. If you are unable to resolve the potential error with the Merchant, contact us and we will work with you and the Merchant to resolve the issue. You can view all of your transactions by visiting Manage My Jagtag.
8. Can a Jagtag Account be used to purchase alcohol? No. All Jagtag Merchants sign a contract agreeing not to accept Jagtag for the purchase of alcohol.
9. Can I pay my Bursar bill with funds from my Jagtag? No, unfortunately that option is not available.
10. Is there a meal plan? For the convenience of our students, IUPUI offers two ways for you to eat without the worry of having to carry cash or credit cards! The first is your regular Jagtag account. Whatever amount you deposit into your Jagtag account can be used for food as well as purchases everywhere Jagtag is accepted. Visit Who Accepts Jagtag for a complete list.
IUPUI Food Services offers a traditional meal plan where you can purchase meals and flex dollars. For more information about the meal plan visit IUPUI Food Services.
11. What is the difference between using my Jagtag as payment and getting a meal plan? IUPUI is glad to offer two ways for you to eat without the worry of carrying cash or credit cards. These options can be difficult to differentiate so make sure to do your research to see which option will work best for you. Below are some diffentiating features of using your Jagtag that may help you in deciding what option will work best for you and please note, you can use BOTH options if you would like as well!
a. Using money on your Jagtag to purchase food maximizes your food and dining options as you can use it at locations both on and off campus and ensures you will always be able to find food no matter the time or day of the week.
b. Purchases made with your Jagtag are dollar for dollar. If you purchase $5 worth of food, $5 will be deducted from your Jagtag account.
c. Money that you place into your Jagtag account will rollover from semester to semester, year to year.
12. If I am returning next year, what happens to the money in my Jagtag account? Any unused funds in your Jagtag account will automatically rollover from semester to semester. However, try not to let one whole year (365 days) pass without using your Jagtag or your account will be assessed a dormant account fee.
13. Can I withdraw cash once I've made a deposit? No, unfortunately you cannot make withdrawals from your Jagtag account. You may choose to close your account by sending an email to Campus Card Services (from your IUPUI email address) and you will receive a check refund usually within 2-3 weeks for the balance remaining in your account, less a $15 service fee.
14. What if my Jagtag gets damaged or doesn't work? Just bring your damaged Jagtag into the Campus Card Services Office and we will print another Jagtag for you, usually at no cost.
15. What is Quikbuck$? This on-line deposit option was designed for you to use when you need money quickly! You can select an amount up to $15 be added to your Jagtag and have it billed to your Bursar account. Remember to use this option wisely as it is only available one time a semester.
16. Can I give my Jagtag to someone else to use? No, Jagtags are non-transferable. Merchants are required to check the photo on the Jagtag to ensure it matches the customer using the card.
17. Why can't my parents view my account balance and activity on-line? According to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act we are unable to share this information. The law is designed to protect the privacy of our students.
18. Why am I charged a $2.50 fee for making a credit/debit card deposit over the website? As the credit/debit card payment method remains increasingly popular, it has also become exceedingly expensive so a convenience fee was initiated to assist in offsetting costs associated with accepting credit and debit cards for payment. The convenience fee allows us to continue providing this service to you. Deposits are accepted, with no convenience fee, at Jagtag Stations and in the Campus Card Services Office.
19. How long does it take for funds to be deposited into my Jagtag account? All deposits are available for immediate use. Exception: If you select the $50 deposit option during Class Registration, those funds are available approximately one week before classes begin.
20. How do I close my Jagtag account and request a refund? Simply send an email to Campus Card Services (from your IUPUI email address) and you will receive a check refund usually in about 2-3 weeks for the remaining balance in your Jagtag account, less a $15 service fee. Checks will be mailed to the address you have on file with the Bursar Office.
21. How can I make a general recommendation to Jagtag? Contact Campus Card Services for suggestions for new services or vendors, or just an overall recommendation to make our program better for you! You can also click on the suggestions link found on the Jagtag homepage.